Unchained - J. Lynn, Jennifer L. Armentrout You can find more of my reviews here at my blog: Take Me Away... I know, I know. This isn't my usual YA review, but I've been trying to break out of my little bubble that I've put myself in with my reading. I decided to start with two things I normally ALWAYS love... Jennifer Armentrount (J. Lynn) and paranormal romance. I admit, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but at the same time, I didn't just hate it either. Of course the main man in this one was amazing. I LOVED Julian. He didn't let anything come in the way of his love for Lily. Even with every other Nephilim on the planet against him and their relationship, he never once wavered. And man, was he HAWT! In every scene that they had together I had to stop and fan myself lol I chose to read something by J. Lynn for my first adult book because I was in the mood for something super swoony and I knew she wouldn't disappoint. And of course she didn't. I also loved the action scenes. One thing I've learned from her YA books, the Covenant series, its that she knows how to write an action scene. In every fight (and even where someone was just training) I was fully enthralled. I'm talking like glued to the pages. Especially that ending scene. It was definitely what I needed to get me out of my reading slump. As for the characters, I loved Lily. She had just the right amount of spunk as Alex and the funny sarcasm of all of JLA's girls. But besides Julian, I didn't really like anyone else in the story. Nate had a chip on his shoulder and Michael seemed to be just there. He didn't seem to have a REAL purpose until the very end. And to top all that off, I knew who the mole was midway through the story. But..... (And unfortunately its a really big but...) the plot just seemed like a mix of ALL the YA angel books I've ever read. And there were a lot of them. (They were the first paranormal romance I got hooked on after Twilight and vampires.) I hated that as an adult book it still seemed like YA. But then again, it did serve as an easy transition. In short, it wasn't my favorite JLA book, but it wasn't my least favorite either. I will continue the series to see what else that Julian *ahem* Lily has in store.