Obsidian (Lux, #1) - Jennifer L. Armentrout Cross posted here and at my blog: Take Me Away... On the Pages of Your Story I finally broke down and got to see what all the fuss is about! And I am soooo mad at myself for being one of the last people on Earth to read it (no pun intended lol). I really loved this book. I know I won't be alone in saying that I was able to really connect with Katy, because of the books, the blog, her sarcastic nature, and of course, her love for the bad boy, Dameon. I had heard so much about him, and I admit I was a little put off by him being such a huge jerk, but then when I finally reached the reason WHY he acted that way, it was hard to be mad at him. All the character's in Armentrout's story were fully developed and I liked them all. So much so, that I started thinking about who in real life did I know that acted like them. I put myself as Katy (because of the books and blogs duh) and started matching up the other characters to my friends and people I knew in the past. Obsessive much? Yes I know lol The main thing I liked about the story was Armentrout's writing style. She made the story believable (in every way that it could) and her use of foreshadowing was amazing. Although I found myself anticipating when Dameon and Katy would actually start to "like" each other, I never found myself getting bored. Her wit and sarcasm was just what the story needed to keep its story fresh. The second huge thing that I liked about the story was the fact that it was about a creature very different than what the norm is. Not a vampire, a ghost, nor anything mythological, it was about an actual alien. I personally think it was a cool idea. And the fact that she was able to make an entire story over it and the idea was something that hadn't been done before showed her dedication to the story. With all the information she gave shoed she spent a lot of time thinking up Dameon, his family, his enemies, and their world. I definitely cannot wait for Onyx. I'm soooo glad I waited until now to read it because there was no way I'd be able to wait as long as everyone else.