Forbidden - Tabitha Suzuma Cross posted here and at my blog: Take Me Away... On the Pages of Your Story Wow.... I really don't know where to start with this review. I'm literally sitting here wiping my eyes and trying to put into words the experience I had with this book. I guess I'll start by commenting on the easiest things first and then go to the hardest. So, the easiest thing to talk about is would have to be the writing style Suzuma has. From the very beginning, I was transported into the page. Her descriptiveness made it seem as if I was in the story experiencing the things the characters did. And also, because the chapters were done as both Locahn and Maya, I was able to put myself in the both of their heads and know both their thoughts and secrets. Suzuma took a very big risk in writing about something that's not usually written about or even talked about it and turned it into a masterpiece. Now, to the love part of the story. Here is a classic tale of forbidden love. The twist this time is the fact that it involves a sister and brother. Yes this is a tale of incest. Even me admitting that I read this, let alone liked it, was hard, but it was worth all the weird looks I got when asked what it was about. But going back to the writing style, the love that Maya and Lochan had was hard for them NOT to like. Especially with all the things they were enduring. Their family was falling apart, and it wasn't surprising that all they thought they had was each other. And lastly, this may seem weird, but I think the hardest thing that I had to deal with was the fact that they had to grow up so fast. They were running their family and taking care of their mother, as well as the kids. And with children like Kit and the drunken mother, believe me that was no easy feat. Every event built up so many emotions in me and at the end when everything surfaced, I broke down. I cried, and cried, and cried..... And cried some more. Just knowing everything they went through and how it was handled... It really took a lot out of me. I MUST read something light and fluffy now just to calm myself again after this read.