Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins Cross posted here & at my blog: Take Me Away... On the Pages of Your Story When I found out about this companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss, I was ecstatic to read it. If you read my review on Anna, you know that Stephanie Perkins is now the reason why I can read contemporary romance. And just like Anna, Lola did not disappoint. There were some things that I LOVED, like the many controversial things that came up in the story, like her parents. I like when stories give light to controversial issues and make them seem acceptable. Especially when its issues like those in her book. (Trying hard to keep it spoiler free lol) I also LOVED Cricket. He had it all... Style, looks, smarts, and the right attitude. I now know why everyone was always talking about Cricket. I felt so bad for him because I felt like he was tortured the entire time for being in love. It seemed like nothing could go right for them. I also like the whole costume thing from Lola. I thought it was cool she was daring to be different. I really wish I could see the things she came up with. It was like putting on a play everyday. Overall, this book opened my eyes to a tortured love, controversial issues, and people who live their lives in a way different than others.