Hereafter - Tara Hudson Cross posted here at my blog: Take Me Away... On the Pages of your StoryFirst things first, as you can see, this cover is GORGEOUS. I promise you, it looks even better in person. The greens and blues and aquas are to "die" for. (No pun intended lol) That in addition to the ghostly girl on the front that's overlooking the lake set the tone for the story. If you can't tell by now, I do indeed judge a book by its cover. I know I shouldn't, but I do. This is the reason I clicked on it to read the blurb on goodreads in the first place. As for the story, I really enjoyed it. The love story between Josh and Amelia is epic. The only thing I did not like was the "instantaneous" love between them. I like a good fight for love. But the story was still romantic. Even though it opened with Josh's drowning, it DID take me awhile to get into the book (about 2/3 of it), but once I did, I couldn't put it down. The addition of the "evil spirit" was just the pick up the book needed. After that, I was sold. The thing I most enjoyed was her language and use of detail. The way she described Josh's drowning, his backyard, and their first kiss was amazing. Tara Hudson did a great job to be a debut author! I look forward to reading the next book in the series :)