Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins Cross posted here at my blog: Take Me Away... On the Pages of your Story This book really surprised me. It was so surprising because I don't usually like contemporary romance. I've probably read three in total besides this one. I usually go for the paranormal/fantasy romance. This time I just needed something a little lighter. And this one had nothing but 3-5 star reviews, so I decided to start with this one. And I'm definitely glad I did. Anna is so real and her story is so believing. From the "hot Euro boy with the accent" to everything that goes on with "hot Euro boy." What I loved about this story is the fact that even though this was a contemporary romance, it was still full of twists and turns. It still had a ton of scenes that I was not expecting and left me eager to finish the book. The next thing that kept me reading was Perkins' humor. She really is gifted with words. She made the not so fun moments funny and made it into a very amusing story. Just like a teenage girl's life really is. Now I cannot wait to get my hands on Lola and the Boy Next Door since its Anna's companion novel. I'm really interested to see if any of Anna's characters will be in it. P.S. Where can I find my own Etienne St. Clair?!?!?!?!?!?!