Every Other Day - Jennifer Lynn Barnes From the beginning I was drawn to the main character Kali. I was also immediately drawn to Barnes's language. This was my first time reading anything by her and I'm so glad I got the chance to read it. But even though I did like her style, the story was a little confusing in the beginning. There seemed to be a lot happening and it was not fully explained. Then after the story really got underway, I ended up liking how there was always something going on. It kept me interested to where I just had to finish the book. At sometimes the book did get to where the same things were happening, but it was said in a different way which made it OK. (Well for me anyways.) One thing I loved though, was Kali's character. Her abilities are amazing. I've never read about anyone that had powers where they could feel the weapons and call to them and they appear or things like that. As far as the end, OMG the cliffhanger was the perfect setup for Book 2. Now if you follow my blog at all, you know how much I HATE cliffhangers, but only because I hate the not knowing and waiting phase for the next book to come out. Overall, I give this book *** out of 5 (3 out of 5)