Switched by Cassie Mae

e-ARC, 240 pages

Release Date: December 2, 2013

Published by: Random House LLC

Stand-alone

Source: NetGalley (A huge thank you to Random House LLC and NetGalley for the chance to read and review this galley! I was given nothing in exchange for a just and honest review!)

For fans of: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary, LOL, Chick-lit, Seasonal

Ever since high school, Kayla has been crazy for gorgeous football player Talon. But before she could muster the courage to tell him, he became a hot item with her beautiful BFF, Reagan. The only person who knows Kayla’s secret is Wesley, Talon’s best bud—and he’s got it bad for Reagan. Now they’re all in college together, hanging out 24/7. For Kayla, seeing the two lovebirds together is absolutely unbearable. So Kayla and Wesley hatch a plot to drive them apart before Talon has a chance to give Reagan the Christmas gift she’s been waiting for.
     Soon enough, the once happy couple is fighting. Reagan suddenly can’t get enough of Wesley’s goofy sense of humor, and Talon seems to be paying more attention to Kayla than a guy who’s “only a friend” ever should. But just when everything seems to be falling into place, Kayla and Wesley accidentally spend a night together and discover a hitch in their plan they never considered: that switching partners may not lead to a perfect ending after all.

*MY THOUGHTS*

When I saw this on Netgalley I requested it because I was in the mood for a really great New Adult book. Unfortunately, that is not what I got.

The characters in this one were honestly really... for lack of a better word... Dumb. They were all supposedly best friends but no one got mad at the other for trying to steal the other's significant other. Let's be real. It's 2013. There is no way this way this story would've happened in real life. Where I'm from, this almost certainly would've ended up in a fight smh And then there was the main character. She was so naive it was ridiculous. And then to make every single thing about Talon, I was really getting tired of seeing his name. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that she didn't have a life outside him. I mean geez, live a little.

I also didn't like the way this seemed more middle grade than new adult. When it finally came to romance the NA came out, but in the dialogue and their actions, I had to remind myself they were in college. The only thing that kept me over-looking it was the fact that at least it was a little funny. (But I gotta admit, towards the end it did get a little lame. I started rolling my eyes at EVERYTHING.

I did like Wesley though. He was really the only thing that left me wanting to read it. Even though no one else could tell, it was pretty obvious how he really felt. I'm glad he got everything he wanted in the end. Even still, this one wasn't for me.

Overall, I give this